Blogging is an art, hence there are several hundreds of tips on blogging without practically having any limitation. Here is the checklist for 51 blogging tips which I follow mostly and believe you are also following the same.
51 Blogging Tips for Everyone
1. Start blogging today if you are not yet!
2. Write about only those topics that you love.
3. Register a domain name for professional blogging rather than using free one.
4. Register a easy to remember and professional domain name.
5. Domain name should match with the content of your site.
6. Buy a good hosting for your domain.
7. Make some time to plan your categories.
8. Use WordPress for blogging.
9. Give some time to make your blog design attractive.
10. If possible, use any of the reputed premium themes.
11. Install theme and essential plugins.
12. Adjust the essential WordPress settings and of course permalink structure.
13. Write and publish your first blog post.
14. Optimize your article for search engine before you publish.
15. Backup your blog by any backup plugin.
16. Write at least 1 or 2 articles per day in first month.
17. Publish quality contents only.
18. Avoid duplicate posts.
19. Write few pillar articles for your blog in first couple of months.
20. Organize your sidebar.
21. Sign up for Google adsense.
22. Place your ads wisely in your sidebar and posts.
23. Sign up for good affiliate marketing programs and place links.
24. Share your post in Social media sites.
25. Promote your site through article marketing.
26. Submit your site to high PR directories.
29. Always Write quality Titles for your post.
30. Attract search engine visitors by optimizing Title tag & Description tag.
31. Bring visitors to your blog with blog commenting and forum posting.
32. Syndicate your blog posts.
33. Write guest article on quality blogs if you find time.
34. Learn the SEO basics to rank your post higher in search engines.
35. Focus your primary keyword in Title tag and Description tag.
36. Make proper keyword density in your post, but do not over optimize.
37. Optimize images by using Alt tag with primary keyword in it.
38. Blogging Tips- Use Google analytics for your blog.
39. Use nofollow tag for outbound links which do not have good pagerank.
40. Make your About, Contact and Admin pages noindex.
41. Make your categories navigational from the home page.
42. Organize category – Do not assign more than one category for a single post.
43. Read other blogs related to your one.
44. Check Google analytics for keywords which are turning visitors to your site.
45. Optimize those keywords in your posts.
46. Write review about products related to your blog.
47. Once your blog grows, sign up for paid email services and offer readers.
48. Make a list of quality blogs for blog commenting.
49. Target 2 to 5 high PR forums for forum posting.
50. Do some keyword research before writing a new post.
51. Make a plan for your daily task and work accordingly.
If you have more useful blogging tips, please share with us.