There are a lot of arguments whether external links in WordPress should make nofollow or keep it as dofollow. The debate is still going on but the main theory is that if you link to high quality and high PR sites, then obviously those external links are worthy to search engines. However you should avoid linking on low quality and spammy sites for your own benefit.
There are few plugins which can help you in the process. One of the latest and effective one is Follow Nofollow Control plugin.
Features of the Follow Nofollow Control Plugin
- With this plugin you can –
- Set all of your external links as nofollow
- Set all of your external links as nofollow (except some domains)
- Set all of your external links as dofollow
- Set all of your external links as dofollow (except some domains)
Installing the Plugin
You can install the plugin directly from WordPress repository or can download it to your computer and upload it from there.